Kopp, John Jacob Grot
For sources and more details, click here
Descendants of :
John Jacob Grot KOPP
1. John Jacob Grot KOPP was born 24 Jun 1844 in Haderslev, Denmark and died 14 Nov 1924 in Brighton, SA. He married Susannah Barbara SKELTON 12 Oct 1880 in The hulk Harriet Hope Glenelg, SA. She was born 27 Aug 1861 in Yankalilla, SA and died 22 Jun 1885 in New Glenelg, SA, daughter of William SKELTON and Eliza CHEESMAN. He married Jane Elizabeth ANGUS 21 Aug 1890 in Cape Borda. Kangaroo Island, SA. She was born 14 Nov 1861 in Adelaide, SA and died 13 Apr 1903 in Cape Borda, Kangaroo Island, SA, daughter of William Jackson ANGUS and Elizabeth HALL.
Other events in the life of John Jacob Grot KOPP
Occupation: BET 07 Oct 1876 & 30 Jun 1914, Lighthouse service
Children of John Jacob Grot KOPP and Susannah Barbara SKELTON:
i. 2. Elizabeth Agnes KOPP was born 29 Sep 1881 in Glenelg, SA and died 11 Feb 1966 in Fullarton, SA
ii. John Edward Alexander KOPP was born 06 Jan 1883 in St Leonards, SA and died 14 Sep 1958 in WA
Children of John Jacob Grot KOPP and Jane Elizabeth ANGUS:
iii. Florence Amelia KOPP was born 10 Aug 1891 in Yatala, SA and died 05 Jan 1909 in Corney Point, SA
iv. Stillborn male KOPP was born 08 Aug 1892 in Yatala, SA and died 08 Aug 1892 in Yatala, SA
v. Alexander Ernest KOPP was born Oct 1893 in Cape Borda, Kangaroo Island, SA and died 01 Jun 1894 in Port Adelaide, SA
vi. Irene Rosa KOPP was born 30 Nov 1894 in Cape Borda, Kangaroo Island, SA and died 17 Sep 1895 in Cape Borda, Kangaroo Island, SA
vii. 3. Dorothy Edith KOPP was born 18 Aug 1898 in Port Adelaide, SA and died 08 Jul 1991
viii. 4. Kathleen May KOPP was born 17 Apr 1900 in Port Adelaide, SA and died 21 Jul 1986
ix. Anne KOPP was born 14 Apr 1901 in Alberton, SA and died 23 Apr 1901 in Alberton, SA
x. 5. Albert Edward KOPP was born 22 Jun 1902 in Alberton, SA and died 17 Jul 1995 in Victoria
2. Elizabeth Agnes KOPP was born 29 Sep 1881 in Glenelg, SA and died 11 Feb 1966 in Fullarton, SA. She married Hurtle Clair TYLEY 03 Sep 1906 in Prospect, SA. He was born 28 Jan 1882 in Unley, SA, son of Frederick TYLEY and Ellen MCGORRERY.
Children of Elizabeth Agnes KOPP and Hurtle Clair TYLEY:
i. Arthur TYLEY was born 16 Dec 1907 in North Adelaide, SA
ii. Edna TYLEY was born 12 Aug 1909 in Althorpe Island, SA
iii. Rita TYLEY was born 07 Mar 1912 in Evandale, SA
3. Dorothy Edith KOPP was born 18 Aug 1898 in Port Adelaide, SA and died 08 Jul 1991. She married Gordon Henry MILFORD 10 Jun 1922 in West Adelaide, SA.
4. Kathleen May KOPP was born 17 Apr 1900 in Port Adelaide, SA and died 21 Jul 1986. She married Keith TYLEY 27 Jan 1921 in Adelaide, SA. He was born 19 Dec 1892 in Adelaide, SA and died 11 Aug 1955 in Ferryden Park, SA, son of Frederick TYLEY and Ellen MCGORRERY.
Children of Kathleen May KOPP and Keith TYLEY:
i. Norma TYLEY was born 30 Oct 1925 in Maylands, SA and died 24 Oct 1983 in Glenelg, SA. She married Frank ROGERS 23 Oct 1942 in Adelaide, SA.
ii. Malcolm (Tim) TYLEY was born 18 Apr 1930 in Mile End, SA and died 13 Aug 1989 in Adelaide, SA
5. Albert Edward KOPP was born 22 Jun 1902 in Alberton, SA and died 17 Jul 1995 in Victoria. He married Laura Annie CORSTON 07 Oct 1925 in Mile End, SA. She was born 24 Mar 1902 in Glanville, SA. They divorced 1936. He married Gladys Elizabeth HARGREAVES 1936 in Victoria, Australia.
Last updated : 16 May 2022
Mr. J. J. G. Kopp, head-keeper at Corney Point lighthouse, will retire from the service at the end of the month. He is at present on his annual holiday, and from June 30 is entitled to eight months' leave. Mr. Kopp joined the Government service on October 7, 1876, as second-keeper on the quarantine hulk Fitzjames. Shortly afterwards he was transferred to the Glenelg hulk Harriet Hope as keeper, and then to the schooner Beatrice, which was used as a light vessel at Glenelg. From 1882 to 1887 Mr. Kopp was in charge of Cape Jaffa lighthouse, and was appointed head-keeper of Cape Borda lighthouse on February 1, 1887. That position he held until July 1, 1908, when he was transferred to Corny Point.PERSONAL. (1914, June 26). The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1889 - 1931), p. 8. http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article6422526